Re: Asking about installation Debian Linux

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, [WINDOWS-1252] ~@®!© Jansen wrote:

Hi dear Mr/Mrs,

Several days ago, I succeded download the DVD version of DVD intel x86 for
Debian Linux and when I wanted to install Linux during the process of
installation I got the problems.
The DVD RW isn't able to be detected. So, from the first step I could not
pass this step that my DVDRW is not detected (I don't know whether it isn't
mounted or not, because I am blank of Linux) I also don't know whether the
DVD RW is non-IDE or non-SCSI CDRom drive or not.
I use Laptop LG E-50 Intel Core Duo T7100 (1.8 GHz), 2048 MB, 160 GB.

I have no idea how to load module and the device to use it. Module manual of
CDROM that I read (such as aztcd,cdrom, cdu31a, cm206, gscd, gscd, isp16,
mcdx, optcd, sbpcd, jscd, sonycd535) are not suitable to mount and detect my
DVDRW for continuing installation the Linux.
even in /dev/ I don't find any hda, hdb, hdc or cdrom... I found ptyp0 -
ptypf, ram0 - ram15, psaux, ppp, null, vcs1-vcsa5, etc

I have read the manual, but I found nothing to solve this problem.
Please help me for solving this matter.

Sincerely yours,
Eric Jansen

You might want to check your bios and change your disk access to compatability mode.

-+-
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Techno.