Garmin GPS on USB port

Hello group,

I try to communicate with my GPS via a USB port but without success.  I used to do it with a serial connection without problem.  Eventually, I will have to plug my GPS on a laptop with USB port only so I have to find a solution.  According to a few things read on the web I have to load the garmin_gps module.  I did it with succes but the documentation found said to use /dev/ttyUSB? which device I don't have.  Maybe I still have a few things to understand about the USB devices and udev!

I would like to know if someone have been able to communicate with a Garmin GPS via a USB port and how you did it.  Or maybe someone with a good understanding of USB and udev could help me understand what is going on and what I should do to make it work.

Thanks for any help.

--
Bernard