Re: NetworkManager help, esp. after suspend

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 18:19 -0400, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:

> I'm a relatively new Debian user, running an up-to-date Etch on
> a ThinkPad T60.
Welcome. I am running Debian on a T60 as well and am very pleased with
it so far.

I guess you know http://thinkwiki.org ? It is a great source for
thinkpad related informations.

> I'm having some trouble getting the NetworkManager app to work
[ ... nm not working properly ... ]
> Is there anything I should be doing differently? The docs on
> NetworkManager are pretty slim. If it works as advertised it
> would be really convenient, but I do need to be able to come
> out of a suspend a join a network immediately.

Try editing /etc/hibernate/common.conf and uncomment

    ### networkmanager
    EnableNMReconnect yes

that might do the trick. That said it is not always working and i have
to click "Enable Networking" twice after wake-up occasionally.

You did configure nm as stated in:

    /usr/share/doc/network-manager/README.Debian

---
Wolodja