Migrate debian services to a new debian system

I started using debian(my first and only linux distro) about 2.5 years
ago.  With lots of reading and posting etc. I was able to set up two
system: a server and a workstation.  They are totally stable and over
the last year I haven't had to anything but aptitude updates(well some
experimenting on the workstation).  Here is my situation:  The
workstation was mostly used to run octave calculations and store data
for my work.  I had planned on setting it up as a DIY DVR but I have
been too busy over the last year and I am scrapping that plan.  I no
longer use the system for calculations and it is just sitting around.
I want to move the server to this box and I'm looking for advice on
where I might foul up.

System Details:

Server:
nForce 4 chipset
Athlon XP
runs Etch
Services include: firewall/router/gateway/dnsmasq etc.(internet stuff)
for two windows machines and the workstation, samba (primary domain
server) and file server for windows machines,  backup (for all
machines),  time, ftp, ssh, nfs(not really used anymore)

Partitons:

hda1 NTFS 6GB (not used)
hda2 ext3 (boot) 1G root
hda3 swap 1G
hda4 LVM(vg1) 74G /home /usr /var /opt /etc
hdc1 LVM (vg2) 200G
sda1 LVM (vg2) 300G
vg2 has fileserver files, backup, cvs repository, ftp on separate
logical volume's

workstation:
asrock 939dual sata-2 uli 1695 chipset
athlon 64
runs etch
in the processes of purging all unnecessary programs
sda1 ext3(boot) 1G root
sda2 swap  1G
sda3 LVM (vg1) 15G /home /usr /var /opt /etc
sda4 LVM (vg2) 84G data (disposable)

Okay, so I want to make the asrock my server...it is quieter and uses
less power.  I don't have a lot of time for trouble shooting etc. so I
want to plan this out so it mostly works on the first shot.  My
strategy is to setup each services one at a time...then transfer to
the new system and disable it on the old.

What I'm looking for:
Advice, pointers, links, etc. So that I can make this work the first
time without too much pain.  I mainly don't want a broken system.  Are
there partitions I can copy straight over...obviously /home, but
what /
usr and /etc?

Main things I'm worried about:
I will obviously have to drop the 200G and 300G disk into the new
system and have them work.  I'm worried about setting the partitions

I am worried about moving internet services (IP and above) and having
everything work     correctly...this is critical since wife and kids
don't like have internet down for long periods of time.

Thanks in advance for your time and help...