Re: konsole + system bell

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 10:42:55AM -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Aha! I do 'echo -e "\a"'
 in konsole and get nothing! Beeps in VT.

And lsmod shows pcspkr loaded.

Now what?

Do you have any other x-terminal-emulator installed?  I tried in
xfce-terminal and it doesn't beep.  Perhaps there's an xset setting to
allow audible beeps.  Look at the xset man page, especially the -b
option.

I do: xterm. 'xset b 100' sets the bell on 100%. 'xset q' shows the bell on at 100%. 'echo -e "\a"' does nothing.

Unfortunatly for you, the computer that I'm directly attached to me is
on the floor below (monitor, keyboard, and mouse cables run through the
floor) so I can only hear the beep if the room is quiet.  It is noisy
right now.  Perhaps you will have some luck.

That's an interesting hookup: I'd like that, but where do you get the mon/mouse/kbd cables that long? I'd put the noise in the next room here :-)

You could try the GUI interface to xset; something like gtkxset or
gxset.

It's gxset. Shows the same as xset q. Beep me up Scotty does nothing.

Batting zero here.

Hugo