Re: evince unable to open pdf

On 08/29/2007 07:09 AM, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:

Thanks Florian.

I have everything except gnome-libs-data (since it brings in all the
rest of gnome including gnome-bin).

If I have to install the whole GNOME DTE just to use Evince, I chalk it
up to typical Gnome stupidity and scrapt the whole thing.

The thing is, my installed packages are exactly the same as before I
reinstalled.  The only difference is that 4.0r1 came out while I was in
the midst of the multi-day downloading (dialup) so some of the packages
will be newer versions.

Doug.

Backports.org might have a version of evince that isn't dependent upon all of Gnome.