Re: fstab and removable usb drives

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Celejar wrote:

Hi,

I'm experimenting with fstab lines to streamline mounting my removable
usb drives (flash and HDD).  I have tried 'UUID-xxxx', 'LABEL-xxxx',
and '/dev/disk/by-label/xxxx', but with any of these the system refuses
to boot without manual intervention when the drive isn't attached (I am
told to hit <ctrl>-D and something about maintenance mode).  This
occurs even when I set 'noauto'.  Am I missing something, or are such
fstab lines really illegal for setups where the volume may not be
attached at boot?

Celejar
--

Hm, noauto should skip it at boot.  On one of my laptops I have this:
/dev/disk/by-id/xxxxxx  /mnt/flash  vfat user,noauto 0 0

Boots up just fine..

-+-
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Techno.