Re: hda: DMA timeout error, is it a problem ?

Frank McCormick wrote:
On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 22:06:34 +0200
Shams Fantar <sfantar@snurf.info> wrote:

Shams Fantar wrote:
Frank McCormick wrote:
As I recall: fsck -n -c -v /dev/hda1
Ok.

After a "fsck", I have still the problem.

What do you think about it after some tests ?

    What do I think about what? I have already said it appears to be
a minor bug somewhere----unless of course you are running hdparm and setting DMA
with it.

There is always the same problem, even if the DMA option is activated via "hdparm -d1 /dev/hda".

I conclude after some tests :

- Either it is a bug which is not reported. (Why not report it?)
- Either it is a hardware problem and so the hard disk (hda) shows weakness.
- Either this problem can't be resolved via fsck, badblocks, hdparm, etc.

Cheers

Frank

Do you have any others ideas?

Regards,