Re: hda: DMA timeout error, is it a problem ?

Frank McCormick wrote:

As I recall: fsck -n -c -v /dev/hda1

Ok.

 I guess you know not to run it on a
mounted partition.

Yes, of course. :-)

That way it won't do anything to the file system, I still am not sure whether the
-c option means it won't add bad blocks to the list, but it has never found any so
the question is moot :)

I also think this is a bug.. but I don't understand why (if it's a bug) the problem happens suddenly! Maybe after an update ? I am not sure.

   My timeouts started when I updated Etch to Sid.So it's not just an Etch problem.

Hmm...

Cheers

Frank

Thanks,