Re: Re: Re^4: Lenny, X, dead mouse

Andrei,

ap> Did you ever restart this machine? I mean after
installing with debootstrap. If yes then try a 'dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-2.6.18-4-686' and then reboot
(BTW you should upgrade to 2.6.18-5-686).

Thanks.  A look in deselect elaborated the problem
immediately: no kernel package.  I should have
realized that debootstrap copied a kernel but
did not install the kernel package.  There was
an Ethernet driver but no mouse driver.

ap> I always thought of debootstrap to be the
most "hackish" way of installing Debian. The new
installer is really great.

Given a working system able to communicate with
a deb server and an attached target storage device,
installation on the target should be straightforward
and efficient.  Works well really.  The third storage
medium, CD or USB or other, isn't necessary,
provided my wits are present.

ap> Could you please not start a new thread each time you answer.
Just use reply

Topic for another message.

Thanks,                        Peter E,