Re: hda: DMA timeout error, is it a problem ?

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 03:28:02PM +0200, Shams Fantar wrote:
I also think this is a bug.. but I don't understand why (if it's a bug) the problem happens suddenly! Maybe after an update ? I am not sure.

I use debian etch and the version of the Linux kernel is : 2.6.18-4-486. I still have the same problem with another kernels. So, I don't think that it comes from somewhere else but it's instead hardware...

Try updating Etch.  Ensure that you have the linux-image-486
meta-package installed, which depends on the linux-image-2.6-486
meta-package installed, which in turn depends on the most recent version
which is 2.6.18-5-486.

Done.

  Perhaps the bug has been fixed.

No, it has not been fixed (if it's a bug(. I did not find bugs[1] reports about this.

Same with a kernel (2.6.22.5) compiled by me, there is always the problem.

[1] : http://packages.debian.org

Doug.

Good bye,

--