Re: How to create like-official CD from list of packages

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 09:20:37PM -0700, cls@truffula.sj.ca.us wrote:

> 2.  Think about what you are actually trying to accomplish.
> Maybe you need an actual Debian Mirror to create a variety of
> custom distribution disks.  In that case you'll have to dig around,
> ask more questions, maybe find answers in the Policy manual
> or maybe it's just not documented.
> Maybe what you're trying to do doesn't warrant all that work.
> Could you get away with tarring up your apt/archives directory
> and untarring it on the target machines?

I'm looking at this too for my own use.  I'm looking at apt-move to turn
my archives into a proper 'mirror' with move subcommand and the sync to
complete making a mirror that only has the packages that I have
installed.

Once I have that done, I'll look at the size of the mirror tree.  If its
less than a CD, then I can just burn it and use it as a file URL by
mounting it as needed rather than a CD with apt-cdrom add.

Then I'll look at what it takes to turn it into a proper CD.

Doug.