Re: How to create like-official CD from list of packages

On Thu, 2007.08.23 21:20, cls@truffula.sj.ca.us wrote:
> In article <8VxSm-5z6-1@gated-at.bofh.it>, Owen Heisler wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007.08.21 10:00, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> >> you want to create CD exacly like the Offical CD, same arborescence,
> >> pool/main/a, pool/main/b, ... packages and son on,
> >> in one word, I need the script ( to customize of course for me) used
> >> by the debian  developpers to generate the  CD.
> >
> > Have you looked at the debian-cd package?  Perhaps it can help.
>
> I know it is the custom to answer only exactly the question that
> was asked, and I know the reason is that answers which are only
> puzzle pieces encourage newbies to become self sufficient,
> while volunteering additional advice they didn't know to ask for
> teaches them bad habits.
> But in this case, sending abdelkader to the debian-cd package
> is just setting him up for failure.  That's cruel.

I apologize.  I know nothing about creating CDs or maintaining a mirror, but
had noticed the debian-cd package before and wanted to mention it having not
noticed such in this thread already.  Perhaps (by my knowledge when I wrote the
message) abdelkader had overlooked the package and it was exactly what he
needed.

> So I have some different advice for abdelkader.
> 1.  Capitalize the leading characters in your name.  Writing
> your name all in lower case is an irritating affectation.
> And thanks for "arborescence."  I learned a new word I'll
> probably use.

Ah, this will help!  ;)