Re: ipod mount and udev

Richard Lyons wrote:
I'm sure someone here knows how to do this.  Two days of trawling google
have given me many examples to crib but none have worked.

I recently acquired an ipod nano (2nd gen.) 4GB. With grip and gpod, or
just with lame and a lot of painful manual renaming and gpod, I can put
tracks from CDs on it.  The problem is, of course, that it doesn't always
appear at /dev/sdb2, as it did at first.  I have tried adding a file
/etc/udev/rules.d/060-ipod.rules containing
  BUS="usb", SYSFS{product}="iPod", KERNEL="sd*", NAME="%k", SYMLINK+="ipod"

The first three "=" are assigning not comparing. Replace them with "==" and restart udev.

Here's mine for completeness which is slightly different but works.

BUS=="scsi", SYSFS{model}=="iPod", KERNEL=="sd?2", NAME="%k", SYMLINK+="ipod"

HTH

Wackojacko