Re: Syncing GPE PIM Data on a PDA With a Workstation

Le Sunday 19 August 2007 20:26:31 Hal Vaughan, vous avez écrit :
> I recently bought a Nokia 770, which is a Linux based PDA.  At this
> point the only reason I haven't been able to stop using my older Palm
> Tungsten is because I still haven't found a good system for syncing PIM
> data between the Nokia and my workstation.  I use KDE, including apps
> like Kontact, KMail, and so on, so ideally I want to sync it with KDE.
> I've found links that indicate there are ways to sync them, but I
> haven't found anything that actually explains what is needed or what to
> do.
>
> Is anyone syncing GPE apps on PDAs with anything on Linux (preferably
> KDE)?  If so, what packages are you using on your workstation and what
> do you need on your PDA?

Like me, you'll have to wait for OpenSync to become stable.
It has a KDE frontend : kitchensync and plugins for kdepim, hopefully for GPE
(http://www.opensync.org/wiki/FAQ)...
It aimed to be integrated in KDE4.

A presentation from Novell/Opensuse folks here :
http://files.opensuse.org/opensuse/en/b/bb/OpenSync_FOSDEM_2007.pdf