Re: Source of Debian wisdom

On Aug 19, 2007, at 1:08 PM, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
There were
frequent posts to the list like "Aptitude wants to remove 150
packages!!!".  They were using the CLI and didn't get the detailed
explanation from aptitude that they would from the curses interface.

Dumb question: Is there a way to back out of an aptitude transaction, if you get some hairy list of dependencies you don't want to deal with? I've gone through all the menus and if it's there, I'm looking past it. I've successfully done it by manually adjusting each item in the list, but that's a serious pain.