Re: Source of Debian wisdom

Mark Neidorff wrote:
So now I'm wondering according to Debian Wisdom (no disrespect intended to anyonne) which is the preferred way of installing software?

The one your comfortable with. aptitude is recommended mainly because it is a best of breed of the CLI package tools. The key is CLI. While GUI tools work fine Debian often takes the view of what works everywhere, local and remote, since people often use Debian for more than the desktop.

More generally, is there a document/web page that explains what are the preferred packages and what is the "Debian Way" of doing things.

I'm not sure if there is. I kind of picked it up along the way. My first little bit after running Slackware was fun. :)