Re: Poor Xorg performance in Etch

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 07:04:32AM -0400, Marty wrote:

I'm not sure about it. Now I think it's limited to opening and closing certain
web pages. not applications.

Try disabling javascript, flash, ... things like that.

Regards,
Andrei

I have removed all plugins, and disabled java, javascript and cookies.
I have also disabled images and link prefetching. None of these changes fix the problem.

On the same site I found a page that scrolls even more slowly:
http://www.dailytech.com/German+Scientists+Declare+Speed+of+Light+Broken/article8487.htm

New observations after further testing: First, I think I was mistaken, and this problem does not occur in my other Etch system. Secondly, top shows only one CPU pegged at 100%, while the overall CPU utilization is 50%, suggesting that the other CPU is idle. Taken together these seem to suggest a possible SMP or motherboard issue (MSI K9MM-V).