Re: bash vs. python scripts - which one is better?

On Aug 18, 2007, at 5:28 PM, Steve Lamb wrote:

Ron Johnson wrote:
I've written enough cryptic Python and lucid C & bash to know that
Python does *not* enforce clean coding.

    I don't think anyone has ever claimed that.

What a waste.  bash is *great* for looping thru lists.  (Perfect?
No.  But still great.)

So is Python with the added benefit of not having to defeat globbing at every step of the way.

Is this discussion REALLY still going on?

Use whatever you like.  As I said in my original reply to the question.

LOL! Back and forth, back and forth, a program could have been written in both languages by now to do whatever anyone wanted.

--
Nate Duehr
nate@natetech.com