Re: Looking for debian source package as single tarball

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ap-pkg-sourcepkg.html#s-pkg-sourcearchives
>
> If there is no original source code - for example, if the package is
> specially prepared for Debian or the Debian maintainer is the same as
> the upstream maintainer - the format is slightly different: then there
> is no diff, and the tarfile is named package_version.tar.gz, and
> preferably contains a directory named package-version

Note that it is not required to build a "native" package and that many
people who are building a package specifically for Debian and are also
the Debian maintainer still will produce a non-native package.

>   I would appreciate if someone could point me to such a package, I
> haven't seen one so far (always comes in three files: *.dsc, tarball
> and diff).

These can be located by the version number.  Non-native packages have
an upstream version plus a package release version.  Native packages
have only a single version without a dash.

  dpkg -l | awk '$3 !~ /-/'

All of those listed by that command would represent packages installed
on your system that do not have a dash in the version number.  No dash
means no package release number means this is a native package.

Here is another way to look for packages that do not have a dash in
the version field.

  sudo apt-get install dctrl-tools

  grep-available ! -F Version - -s Package

Bob