Re: temporary failure. Command output: /usr/bin/maildrop: Home directory owned by wrong user.

On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 06:32:55PM -0700, jaYPee wrote:
> Hi to all.
>
> I have setup my mail server but having this problem after installing
> maildrop. If I will not use maildrop in main.cf the problem has gone.
> In my main.cf this is the line I have added to work with maildrop.
>
> home_mailbox = Maildir/
> mailbox_command = /usr/bin/maildrop
> #mailbox_command = procmail -t -a "$EXTENSION"
>
> The problem temporary failure. Command output: /usr/bin/maildrop: Home
> directory owned by wrong user occur only on root account. But the
> other email account doesnt have a problem. If I will not use maildrop
> I can not use squirrelmail also to access my mail server. I dont know
> how to use procmail thats why I commented it and used maildrop. There
> are some cron that are running that sends message to the root account.
> My option is either to disable sending of automatic message to root
> account or solve this weird problem.
>
> Anyone having this problem too?

Actually no. I'm using postfix + maildrop for some time now. Do you have
an alias for the root user?

$ grep root /etc/aliases
postmaster:    root
root:	my_username

You can edit the file or just run 'dpkg-reconfigure postfix' and you'll
get asked for it. Don't forget to restart postfix if you do it by hand.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)