Re: newbie here - system administration question

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 17:26 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > Looking in /etc, I see /etc/network/iface, is it here I fix that?
>
> I don't see any such file.  There is /etc/network/interfaces however.
>
> > man iface
> > man network
>
> try "man interfaces" ;-)
>

>         Stefan

I prefer the 'info' command.  I provides more in-depth coverage, and if
no info documents exist, it just displays the man page anyway.

Become familiar with apt (apt-get, apt-cache) since it is used to
install software in Debian.  This is one of the many beauties of Debian
since apt retrieves packages and their dependencies and makes installing
software a snap.  Aptitude is a front-end to apt and even provides more
functionality.