Re: [solved] Defoma: How2 install type 1 fonts?
- To: debian mailing list <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [solved] Defoma: How2 install type 1 fonts?
- From: Bill <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:05:13 -0700
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 16:00 -0700, Bill wrote:
> Hi folks,
> It's been some time now since I've used my old copy of
> WordPerfect 8.0 Personal Edition for Linux. I usually use
> the OpenOffice suite these days.
> However, I've been looking to install more fonts for
> OpenOffice and make them accessible to other programs like
> Gimp and Inkscape through X and defoma. I recalled that my
> WordPerfect disk had a fine selection of fonts (130).
> They're quite accessible on disk but I'm not sure how to
> install them. (Basically they are .afm and .pfb files for
> Type 1 fonts.)
> I'm sure there must be a way to install and access these
> fonts on a current linux distro. But I sure can't find it.
> Everything I google relates to the 8.1 version.
> Can anyone help me out here? Basically what I think I need
> to know is how to tell defoma about the fonts so that it
> recognizes them.
> What do I need to do to find peace and happiness and
> achieve enlightment?
1. cp the fonts to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1
2. cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1
3. update-fonts-scale ./
4. update-fonts-dir ./
This worked beautifully on Sarge. (yeah, yeah....)