Re: set up Debian etch support English and Chinese

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 03:19:17 +0000, rocky wrote:

> After log in, the error and system prompt for
> aptitude are becoming unreadable.

I think you need to fix this problem first, which is not Chinese related.
I suspect that it is only an tip of the iceberg, 'cause unless you know
Debian inside out, you'd better install from scratch instead of upgrading.

> Can any of you tell me how can I get
> the system support chinese input and set the root user using English and
> other normal users using Chinese for application (like mutt) menus
> please? I'm not using X-window-server.

This is unfortunately another convoluted issue. Search Chinese
(in Chinese) and Debian in Chinese google. You will find lots of good
articles. Post back specific problems if you experience any.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/