Re: set up Debian etch support English and Chinese

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 03:19:17 +0000, rocky wrote:

> After log in, the error and system prompt for
> aptitude are becoming unreadable.

I think you need to fix this problem first, which is not Chinese related.
I suspect that it is only an tip of the iceberg, 'cause unless you know
Debian inside out, you'd better install from scratch instead of upgrading.

> Can any of you tell me how can I get
> the system support chinese input and set the root user using English and
> other normal users using Chinese for application (like mutt) menus
> please? I'm not using X-window-server.

This is unfortunately another convoluted issue. Search Chinese
(in Chinese) and Debian in Chinese google. You will find lots of good
articles. Post back specific problems if you experience any.

Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)