Re: why can't feh view tiff images

Lic. Orestes leal <orestesleal13022 <at> cha.jovenclub.cu> writes:

> On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 08:48:40 +0200
> Samuel Bächler <linux <at> boeser.ch> wrote:
>
> > > I'm using feh to view most the images that I have but whenever I try
> > > to open a tiff file using feh, it just shows a blank black screen.
> > > Any ideas? I read up on the documentation but could not find anything
> > > saying that tiff is not supported.
> >

> This behavior must be that feh was build without suppport for tiff or there is
some problem
> with libtiff.
>
> -olr

Hmmmm...I am not sure about that. I simply installed feh from the stable repo
using aptitude. Checking out the aptitude listing for the package it says feh
uses  imblib2 for image viewing. Now, checking the package listing for imlib2,
it installs libtiff4 which should provide the image viewing capabilities for
tiff images.