libc6 with support for old kernels

Hello everybody,

I'd like to ask for some help.

I have some machines running an old kernel (2.4.25, from Suse7.3). Now I'd
like to get some newer software running on them, *without* re-installing
the whole system.
(That would be gnuplot, graphviz, subversion, fsvs, and some others).

About a year ago I could take a debian-installation, take the needed
files, and put them into a chroot on the old machines, and it worked.
Without any problem.

I wanted to do that again, with the current versions; but now I get an
error message "Kernel too old" (from ld-linux.so AFAIK).

[ I tried to use the sarge-packages; while the packages work on
2.4.25, they are really old versions, and unuseable. Eg. fsvs needs at
least subversion 1.2, while sarge has only 1.1.4.
backports.org has subversion 1.4.1 for sarge, but no libsvn0-dev. ]

Is there an compiled libc6 that has support for older kernels, too, or
some easy way to recompile it?
I'd like to use the normal debian-packages, as they're updated
regularly -- the best solution for me would be to pin libc6 to some
version or repository, keeping support for the old 2.4, too.

Help? Any other ideas?
Thank you for all answers.

[Please keep me CCed.]

Regards,

Phil

--
Versioning your /etc, /home or even your whole installation?
             Try fsvs (fsvs.tigris.org)!