Re: using ssl on part of a website

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 01:08:43PM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

Hi guys, I'm having real trouble figuring out how to do this.

I've got a wiki running ikiwiki and I'd like to get the log-in/editing
portion out of clear text. the obvious thing seems to be to use SSL,
but I don't want to ssl the whole site, just the part accessed through
the cgi scripts that take logins and edit stuff. Can someone give me
some pointers?

I've also used, with success, mod_auth_digest, which I believe gets me
secure access to the cgi-bin/ but does not actually log me in to
ikiwiki so that changelogs only show an ip address, not a user. bleh.

somewhere there is some magic incantation to get me secured when
accessing the cgi scripts and open otherwise.

There is a pretty good newbie walk through at the ubuntu forum: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=4466

Sam