Re: using ssl on part of a website

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 01:08:43PM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm having real trouble figuring out how to do this.
>
> I've got a wiki running ikiwiki and I'd like to get the log-in/editing
> portion out of clear text. the obvious thing seems to be to use SSL,
> but I don't want to ssl the whole site, just the part accessed through
> the cgi scripts that take logins and edit stuff. Can someone give me
> some pointers?

I've also used, with success, mod_auth_digest, which I believe gets me
secure access to the cgi-bin/ but does not actually log me in to
ikiwiki so that changelogs only show an ip address, not a user. bleh.

somewhere there is some magic incantation to get me secured when
accessing the cgi scripts and open otherwise.