Re: Hard disk dying?

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 01:56:41PM -0400, Justin Piszcz wrote:

> Your disk looks OK to me, I have seen Device Status Error in the past as
> well but never suffered any ill effects.

If I recall correctly from the Google study, certain smart errors (don't
remember which) mean the drive will fail, but no smart errors doesn't
mean the drive is safe! The study should be easily found with a Google
search.

The OP should back-up anything important if he hasn't done so yet.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)