Re: Getting Firefox/Iceweasel to open text/pgp files?

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 05:55:58PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> Dear fellows,
>
> I am usually looking closely the development of Debian and I like to see
> which packages have been uploaded to Debian (including some of the
> packages maintained by me) at http://incoming.debian.org/
>
> There, I often like to look at the *.changes files, since they contain
> the description of what has happened with the packages in the version
> uploaded there.
>
> Unfortunately, this worked with Mozilla (and siblings) with the .changes
> files (which are pure text files) opening in the browser without any
> problems up to a point where (I think) the ftpmasters changed the
> description for the web browsers that the .changes files content is
> text/pgp, instead of text/plain.
>
> So, in light of this would anybody know how to force Firefox (etc) to
> open the files instead of trying to launch, say, less for such files?
>
> Any help here would be quite welcome.

I'm sure there is a 'proper' way to do this, but the quick hack which
works right now is to specify /usr/bin/firefox (or iceweasel,
whatever) as the program to use to open this file (instead of the
default less). Works here, but forces the download dialog to appear as
well (though that is a configurable item in edit->preferences. That's
not really what you're after though, i'd bet.