ntfs mount errors

(quote)
I still have the problem. ie. The windoze partition is
mounted automatically fine, but I can only cd to it if I am root.
(end quote)

Do:
man mount

Look at the 'Mount options for ntfs'. All your mysteries are explained there - for example:

"... By default, the files are owned by root and not readable by somebody else."

So you need to set the uid/gid and umask. You really want 'root' to be the owner anyway so I guess you only want to change the gid to the 'disk' group and make sure you have a sensible umask.