Re: Firefox \ Iceweasel Differences?

> hmmm... very interesting but it makes my toes curl to think of
> installing IE... What I really need to do it duplicate my windows qemu
> image and upgrade IE in one of the two images. That makes me happier,
> having that segregation...

No need for VM image duplication. That wastes disk space, and besides
most virtualization software has features to intelligently deal with
the scenario you find yourself in.

If you want to use Wine, consider using the WINEPREFIX environment
variable, which allows you to have multiple, isolated Wine instances,
each with their own C: drive and registry. Codeweavers use this as the
basis of their "bottles" technology in CrossOver.

If you want full virtualization, you could consider VirtualBox for
your Windows VM, it supports snapshotting and has a FOSS version. The
GUI makes this pretty straightforward. Finally, you could create a new
QEMU image using your existing image as the backing for a new
snapshot. I can't remember how to do this exactly but QEMU has very
good documentation.

--
Andrew Barr

We matter more than pounds and pence,