Re: Firefox \ Iceweasel Differences?

Hi Andrew,

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 13:25 -0400, Andrew J. Barr wrote:
> On 7/30/07, Stef Daniels VK5HSX <vk5hsx@wia.org.au> wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >            I am aware that Iceweasel uses the same engine as Firefox for
> > the operation, however, there seems to be problems with using Iceweasel
> > on sites like Ebay. When you are creating an item to sell and you get to
> > the product description section, you do not get the essential style and
> > format menu that shows in Firefox.
>
> Go to about:config in Iceweasel.
>
> Change the preference general.useragent.extra.firefox from
> "Iceweasel/2.0.0.5" (or whatever your version is to "Firefox/2.0.0.5".

Worked like a treat, thanks!!

> Then web sites won't be able to tell the difference, and FWIW you
> should report the web site to it's owners as broken. User-agent
> detection is broken behavior.

I feel it's the website not knowing the browser, hense, unable to render
the page properly. Thanks.

--
Regards & Best 73,

Stef Daniels VK5HSX            - (OpenPGP: 0x828E2EB0)
Amateur Radio Station
Adelaide, Sth Australia        - (vk5hsx@wia.org.au)
Member South Coast ARC Inc.    - (www.scarc.org.au)
Member Wireless Inst. of Aust  - (www.wia.org.au)