Re: Firefox \ Iceweasel Differences?

On 7/30/07, Stef Daniels VK5HSX <vk5hsx@wia.org.au> wrote:
> Greetings,
>            I am aware that Iceweasel uses the same engine as Firefox for
> the operation, however, there seems to be problems with using Iceweasel
> on sites like Ebay. When you are creating an item to sell and you get to
> the product description section, you do not get the essential style and
> format menu that shows in Firefox.

Go to about:config in Iceweasel.

Change the preference general.useragent.extra.firefox from
"Iceweasel/2.0.0.5" (or whatever your version is to "Firefox/2.0.0.5".

Then web sites won't be able to tell the difference, and FWIW you
should report the web site to it's owners as broken. User-agent
detection is broken behavior.

As far as extensions are concerned I have yet to run into an extension
that would not work in Iceweasel that works in Firefox. Again, if it's
making a distinction, it's broken behavior that should be reported to
the author(s) as a bug.

--
Andrew Barr

We matter more than pounds and pence,