Re: A question of fonts

On Sat July 28 2007 16:18, andy wrote:
> Alan Ianson wrote:

> >> I do have the latest msttcorefonts installed. It just looks crap with
> >> Xmms and sometimes Iceweasel seems difficult to read too. But certainly
> >> Xmms is the worst of the bunch.
> >
> > Are you using utf-8 by chance? I haven't made the switch to utf-8 because
> > a number of apps I use (mostly console) don't look right when I use it.
> > This sounds similar but I don't know for sure.
>
> I really don't know. How could I tell?

If you type env in a term what is lang= set to? You can adjust that setting by
running "dpkg-reconfigure locales".

I think etch uses utf-8 by default. A better solution would be if packages
were utf-8 capable. It may be that xmms and iceweasel are not utf-8 aware but
my knowledge if this stuff is sketcky at best.