Re: lenny: getting non-free nvidia drivers issue

On Sat July 28 2007 16:35, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2007-07-28 15:10:31 -0700, Alan Ianson wrote:
> > I might suggest that you install the 2.6.22 kernel from unstable. I
> > had problems building the kernel module for k7 because of a GPL-only
> > export that isn't an issue with 2.6.22 kernels.
>
> But for another reason, it doesn't work with 2.6.22:
>
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=434379

That's a bummer. I've had that problem before having on older version of gcc
and not a newer one. I managed to get it built by installing a newer gcc, not
to sure how one would get past this one.

Being on amd64 I have safely bypassed all of these issues somehow.