bootable usb pendrive on a "Intel Core D" based server

Im tring to set up a bootable usb pendrive so I cant do network automated install with preseed.
My test machines are:
a toshiba laptop(Intel(TM) Core(TM)2 CPU         T7200  @ 2.00GHz)
a Dell PowerEdge 850(Intel(R) Core(R) D CPU       3.20GHz)
I started by downloading ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-i386/current/images/hd-media/boot.img.gz
Then I "zcat boot.img.gz > /dev/sdb"

It works fine on the laptop but not on the server. Here Is what I get:
SYSLINUX 3.31 ...
Unknown keyword in syslinux.cfg
Unknown keyword in syslinux.cfg
Missing parameter in syslinux.cfg
Unknown keyword in syslinux.cfg

And them, the server reboots whithout any message or warning.

I've tried diskboot.img (From fedora core :P) and I got:
SYSLINUX 3.11....
Unknown keyword in syslinux.cfg
Unknown keyword in syslinux.cfg
Missing parameter in syslinux.cfg
Unknown keyword in syslinux.cfg
Couldn not find kernel image: linux
boot:
(it should get vmlinuz instead, because thats the name fc uses).

The server is installed with debian etch i386 and works fine(im using the server just to usb boot testing purposes) Seems like the problem is in syslinux and not on debian/fc, because sysconfig isnt even reading syslinux.cfg

Ive tried amd64 version of boot.img.gz. This time I get a boot, but again syslinux doesnt care about syslinux.cfg, and starts the kernel without any parameters(resulting on a kernel panic)
Does any have any clue on this?
Thanks