Re: Sylpheed: staying in thread upon deletion

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:01:09 +0200
Sjoerd Hiemstra <shiems146@kpnplanet.nl> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:07:21 -0400
> Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:26:41 +0200
> > Sjoerd Hiemstra <shiems146@kpnplanet.nl> wrote:

> > > Yes, sorting should be switched off:  View > Sort > Don't sort
> > >
> > > If you ever want to sort the messages by date in the future, you can
> > > do so by clicking 'Date' in the Summary View, or with  View > Sort >
> > > by date, but immediately after that, again do a  View > Sort > Don't
> > > sort.
> >
> > Thanks.  I mentioned in my original post that I realized that I could
> > keep toggling sorting, but that it's a rather awkward solution.
> > There's really no graceful way to do what I want? I'd have thought that
> > it would be a common thing to do.
>
> Yes, there is - as I see it, you did not quite understand it.
> Simply do 'View > Sort > Don't sort' once, and Sylpheed does exactly what
> you want!!
> The threads will remain sorted by date anyway, since they are added at the
> end.

You're right; I didn't quite understand you.  I didn't realize that
keeping sorting off would work because of new messages being added at
the end.

> If, on rare occasions, old messages happen to get mixed up because of
> moving messages between folders, then if you re-sort them by date, this
> should be followed by a new 'Don't sort'.
>
> Hoping I've made myself clearer now,

Thanks!
I'm still wondering, though, about the question I raised in my original
post; if 'Next' moves to the next message within the thread even when
sorting, shouldn't 'Delete' behave the same way?

> Regards,
> Sjoerd

Celejar