Re: Sylpheed: staying in thread upon deletion

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:07:21 -0400
Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:26:41 +0200
> Sjoerd Hiemstra <shiems146@kpnplanet.nl> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:18:50 -0400 Celejar wrote:
> > > I'm using thread view (...) and sorting by date.
> > > When I delete a message, Sylpheed jumps to the next message by date,
> > > not to what I want, the next message in the current thread.
> > > Is there any way to change this?
> >
> > Yes, sorting should be switched off:  View > Sort > Don't sort
> >
> > If you ever want to sort the messages by date in the future, you can
> > do so by clicking 'Date' in the Summary View, or with  View > Sort >
> > by date, but immediately after that, again do a  View > Sort > Don't
> > sort.
>
> Thanks.  I mentioned in my original post that I realized that I could
> keep toggling sorting, but that it's a rather awkward solution.
> There's really no graceful way to do what I want? I'd have thought that
> it would be a common thing to do.

Yes, there is - as I see it, you did not quite understand it.
Simply do 'View > Sort > Don't sort' once, and Sylpheed does exactly what
you want!!
The threads will remain sorted by date anyway, since they are added at the
end.

If, on rare occasions, old messages happen to get mixed up because of
moving messages between folders, then if you re-sort them by date, this
should be followed by a new 'Don't sort'.

Hoping I've made myself clearer now,

Regards,
Sjoerd