Re: Sending Email from script

On 7/17/07, Mace, Nathan <nathanmace@ucwv.edu> wrote:

I just installed Debian Etch (4.1.1) that I'm planning on using as a syslog
server.  I've got syslog-ng up and running just fine.  And I've got a script
that greps the logs nightly for error messages that I care about.  The
problem is I can't get the results of the script to be emailed to me.

I've installed sendmail, but I'm not having much luck getting it to work.
When I attempt to send messages from the command line by doing "sendmail
myemail@mydomain.com" it appears to go, but I never get the email.  Any help
would be appreciated.

I ever try to avoid using the "sendmail" command (it has many options
and I don't remember them).

You can also use "mailx" to send mails:

echo "message in the body of the mail" | mailx -s "Subject" somebody@host.com

--
Atentamente, yo <Matías>
Y sin fumar desde (casi) el '1089515700'