Re: how to shift from stable to testing

I changed my sources list to point to testing and then (with a deep
breath and confidence data was backed up), hit apt-get dist-upgrade.
When I did it, it was only a few weeks after Etch was "fixed" so the
updates have been gradual. But that is the process I used, although
there may well be seasoned users who would recommend a different strategy.
I upgraded to lenny by apt-get dist-upgrade. As of now its working
fine. I think it will take time for me also to know if some problems
exist.

Regards
--
G V Manu