Re: how to shift from stable to testing

Goudar Vishwanathappa Manu wrote:
hello
Now i am using Debian Etch and I am interested in going to testing.
What should I do? Does adding the testing repo in sources.list and
updating will work? Does all the base packages and all others get
updated?

Regards
Goudar

I changed my sources list to point to testing and then (with a deep breath and confidence data was backed up), hit apt-get dist-upgrade. When I did it, it was only a few weeks after Etch was "fixed" so the updates have been gradual. But that is the process I used, although there may well be seasoned users who would recommend a different strategy.

HtH