Re: OT: QEMU Package faster

Scott Gifford wrote:
Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net> writes:

[...]

I noticed that on her machine, QEMU does not eat lots of CPU, while
on my machine, it eats the machine. I've copied the exact raw image
disc from her machine to mine, but QEMU eats my CPU.

Perhaps it's a difference in processor features.  Newer CPUs from
Intel and AMD contain special virtualization instructions that make
running a VM much easier, and somewhat faster.  Maybe she has such a
chip and you don't?

My machine is newer and faster. Ours are both Celerons.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.