Re: [OT] gob.mx = IE6 only!

Direct links to what the buttons lead to might be out there in the
source...

On 09.07.2007 at 11:51 Octavio Alvarez wrote:

>On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 05:33:46 -0700, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Tried to register at this site:
>>
>http://www.trabajaen.gob.mx/servlet/CheckSecurity/JSP/jobsite_g/alta_usuari
os_nuevos.jsp?estado=0

>> Complete registration will only work for Mexican nationals because of
>> the RFC and CURB entries.
>
>That would be "CURP".
>
>> When you hit any of the buttons in iceweasel, seamonkey or konqueror
>> nothing happens! Neither with user-agent switcher!
>>
>> So this is an official Mexican government site *hardcoded* to M$ IE!
>
>No news here. It is not the only site.
>
>> They 've got to receive a pretty penny for this!
>
>I don't think so. I would say they are simply stupid and lazy to really
>put any effort on it. Mose people inside the IT business don't know or
>care about the other options out there. And the "90%" excuse is good
>enough for them. It goes well with Pareto's principle.
>
>BTW, did you try using Opera? (Yes, I know, non-free, but an option
>nonetheless.)
>
>--
>Octavio.

     Not far from here, by a white sun, behind a green star, lived the
Steelypips, illustrious, industrious, and they hadn't a care: no spats
in their vats, no rules, no schools, no gloom, no evil influence of the
moon, no trouble from matter or antimatter -- for they had a
machine, a dream of a machine, with springs and gears and perfect
in every respect. And they lived with it, and on it, and under it, and
inside it, for it was all they had -- first they saved up all their atoms,
then they put them all together, and if one didn't fit, why they
chipped at it a bit, and everything was just fine...

-- Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"