Re: [OT] gob.mx = IE6 only!

Octavio Alvarez wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 05:33:46 -0700, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

Tried to register at this site:
http://www.trabajaen.gob.mx/servlet/CheckSecurity/JSP/jobsite_g/alta_usuarios_nuevos.jsp?estado=0

Complete registration will only work for Mexican nationals because of the RFC and CURB entries.

That would be "CURP".

When you hit any of the buttons in iceweasel, seamonkey or konqueror nothing happens! Neither with user-agent switcher!

So this is an official Mexican government site *hardcoded* to M$ IE!

No news here. It is not the only site.

They 've got to receive a pretty penny for this!

I don't think so. I would say they are simply stupid and lazy to really
put any effort on it. Mose people inside the IT business don't know or
care about the other options out there. And the "90%" excuse is good
enough for them. It goes well with Pareto's principle.

BTW, did you try using Opera? (Yes, I know, non-free, but an option
nonetheless.)

No, I did not. You think it would work? And CURP it is.

Hugo