Re: Ata controller change device order
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Ata controller change device order
- From: Lars <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 11:12:49 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <8E6bQ-6RBfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20070707001136.GA8970@titan>
Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> Assume that drives will be assigned different sd? on each boot (how are
> you getting hd* in Etch?).
You're not the first to mention that... I don't know, it's a cheap
> The trick is to use either UUIDs or lables
> on the partition. Lables are shorter than the IDs listed under
> For example, using the filesystem tools for your filesystem (JFS,
> Reiserfs, extfs, whatever) label each partition. E.g. the partition
> that gets mounted as /boot is labled boot.
The labels would be perfect in fstab and etc. But it doesn't seems
to work when I export a partition to Xens domU. But Xen should
support it, so i should find a solution.