Installing Debian Etch on hw RAID 1 on nvidia nForce 430i

Hello!

I want to install Debian Etch on my new box with motherboard that has for
the storage the nvidia nForce 430i chipset. This chipset support RAID
1 configuration.

I want to install Etch on two SATA disk with the hardware RAID 1
setup.

I setup in the BIOS the RAID 1 for these disks. I have only these two
disks (2 x 320 GB) in the box.

I want to use the downloaded debian-40r0-i386-CD-1.iso for this
installation.

Will Etch recognize the RAID 1 BIOS setup during the installation?

I find on the internet documentation about hardware RAID [1] but can't
find in there description about installing a GNU/Linux system on hw
RAID 1 out there.

Can I install Etch on this nvidia hardware RAID 1, or perhaps should I
to install Etch with software RAID 1 on these two SATA disk?

Any advices will be appreciated!

[1] http://www.ram.org/computing/linux/dpt_raid.html

--
Regards, Paul Csányi