Re: tetex and texlive: changes in Debian?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: tetex and texlive: changes in Debian?
- From: "Russell L. Harris" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 14:44:37 -0500
- Message-id: <20070706194437.GA3601@cromwell.tmiaf>
- Mail-followup-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* H.S. <email@example.com> [070706 14:21]:
> Tyler Smith wrote:
> > On 2007-07-06, H.S. <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > If you search the list you'll find several threads about people
> > switching from tetex to texlive now, which is generally painless.
> Thanks for the explanation. I will probably wait and let things settle
> on their own.
Things just don't "settle on their own".
The safe procedure is simply to uninstall tetex, making sure to tell
the package tool (apt-get, aptitude, or synaptic) to PURGE the
Then simply install texlive.
The change from tetex to texlive should be invisible to the end user.