courier and seamonkey

Many of the webpages I look at specify 'Courier' as
the only font for code examples. When I go into
seamonkey->preferences->appearance->fonts->monospace
I find 'Courier New' but not plain 'Courier'.

The resulting display is extremely difficult to read.

How can I get seamonkey to use some other font when
'Courier' is the only font specified?

--
"Necessity is the plea of every infringement of human freedom. It is
 the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -- William Pitt