Re: problem in booting without vga adapter plugged in

hi rattan ,

many thanks for the reply .... can u give me some hint abt what part of bios should be modified or  some hint about the changes in the bios setting .... thanking u again for the reply .....

regards
siddhant

On 7/6/07, Ish Rattan <ishwar@pali.cps.cmich.edu> wrote:

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007, siddhant tewari wrote:

> hi,
> I am facing a very strange problem .... i have installed debian on a
> computer wiht AMD process if everything is fine except when i try to boot
> the box without the vga adapter plugged as in this case computer hangs (even
> message uncompressing linux kernel is not displayed).
>
> Please tell me what should be done (what kernel argument should be supplied
> so that it boots without vga adapter /monitor cable).

It is the BIOS that is stopping the show. Just put in a cheap VGA card,
monitor is not needed.

HTH,
-ishwar